Social Media Activism – September 2017
Each issue includes a monthly theme. September’s issue will focus on perspectives on political activism with respect to social media, specifically how students, professors, and alumnae of OU use this platform to voice their thoughts. Submission Deadline: September 12th, 11:50pm.
Submissions should focus on:
OU activism – How are professors using social media to connect and/or stand in solidarity with students? What are some exciting student groups actively engaging on social media platforms to achieve their goals?
OU experiences and perspectives – Are you a social media activist? Are you inspired by any social media activist figures? We want to hear your experiences with this form of political activism and participation. How does social media change the conversation? How does this platform improve/challenge activism?
OU resources – What are some social media-based resources or spaces for students? How can we use this tool to improve student life at OU?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
How To Submit:
- Fill out this form: SUBMISSION FORM__ouforum (word doc).
- Save it as a Word Document on your computer.
- Email it with your info to email@example.com (before or on September 12)
- Short pieces 300-500 words (can be longer)*
- Prose less than 1000 words
- Poetry has no word limit
- We would also love to feature your artwork!
*Preferred submission type for this issue